The Art of M&A® Business & IT Alignment
Stop ignoring IT--the area of largest costs, highest risks and greatest interdependencies in every M&A deal. Business and IT leaders must partner to align their efforts and address the numerous joint business/IT issues presented by integrating two companies. Ideal for M&A leaders and IT professionals alike, this program will teach you how to actively manage IT as an asset in the business context; and to identify the key technology implications of M&A. You’ll leave with a firm grasp of operations and decisionmaking in the context of acquisitions; building a common language for business and IT; staffing and resourcing; cybersecurity; and evolving technology trends.
Our unique workshop-style programs include case studies, breakout sessions and panel discussions, along with ample time for networking with presenters and colleagues.
Topics Will Include:
- Business/IT operational and decision-making alignment for M&A success
- Building a common language between business and IT for effective communications
- Recognizing and remediating deal-value risks related to IT
- Managing IT issues, challenges, and opportunities across the M&A life cycle: Strategy, diligence, stabilization, integration and optimization
- Addressing staffing and resourcing issues
- Managing priorities and expectations in business and IT partnering
- Evolving technology trends and issues: IT for the non-IT executive
- Lessons learned and best practices in managing IT within the overall business integration
Need to secure funding approval to attend? Get our Justification Kit to demonstrate the value of this M&A executive training program.