The Art of M&A® for Divestitures & Carve-outs – Online with M&A Direct℠: Online / Dec 2020
Based on and adapted from our premier three-day on-site workshops, this training workshop will help you and your organization lead, plan, launch and execute a successful sell-side divestiture or buy-side carve-out acquisition (D/CO).
Each day’s session provides an overview of essential insights, processes and best practices necessary for divestiture success through the viewpoint of the corporate merger, acquisition and divestiture (MA&D) leader. Open forum discussions, Q&A, workout exercises, case examples and virtual small group breakout assignment will be used to help you identify and apply key principles, practices and practical application for your use back on the job.
Who should attend:
- Key Executives (CFOs, Business Unit GM’s, VP Strategy/Corporate Development, etc.) – Those tasked with driving strategic growth through MA&D and accountable for deal resourcing, or building a more robust and repeatable M&A capability in their respective organizations or seeking continuous improvements in key “gap areas” where consistent program execution has been problematic
- Corporate Development Deal Leads – Those accountable to the executive committee or deal team for overall execution of a specific D/CO transaction including strategy execution, end-to-end D/CO operations, and ensuring completion of the deal thesis objectives and synergies
- Separation or Integration Leads – Those principally responsible for defining and leading the D/CO separation planning, decision making and overall execution of the D/CO including standing up, operating and exiting the transition services agreement on-time and on-budget
- Separation Management Office Leads and Program Managers – Those responsible for detailed D/CO separation planning, mapping and managing all cross-functional dependencies, scheduling, coordinating, tracking, statusing, reporting, managing risks, action items and issues
- Functional Workstream Leads and Dedicated Workstream Program Managers – Those responsible for D/CO separation planning and execution of their specific functional, business or cross-functional workstream across the M&A life cycle, while supporting all related cross-functional dependencies
Key Topics Include:
- Framing the Challenge: How to divest strategically and execute effectively
- Review the entire divestiture lifecycle
- The Separation Management Office (SMO) and Divestiture Playbook
- Sell-Side Due Diligence and Financial Considerations as you prepare for the sell
- Important business and operational considerations in the sale
- What to consider in the structure, tax and valuation considerations from the sell-side
- Developing and Managing Transition Services Agreements (TSA)
- Addressing the people issues during divestitures and carve-Outs
- Disentangling IT and highly integrated shared services
- Managing the TSA Hotspots – Sharing challenges seen over the years
- Challenges and Best Practices for the carve-out buyer
- Optimizing the seller’s business for the best results
- Interactive case studies
To maximize exchange of peer insights, networking, lessons learned and proven best practices, each daily module will include periodic discussion points, application exercises and virtual small group break out discussions, including a brief capstone exercise, case study or panel discussion.
Our events are held on the Zoom platform. Please check with your IT department to verify your ability to use this platform. Please note that all training programs will be password protected. You can learn more about the system requirements and download the latest Zoom Security White Paper for more detailed information.
Tuition and Discounts
Standard Price: $1500
Cost After Discount
|Early Bird||You save $150||$1,350|
|Alumni (past participant)||You save $300||$1,200|
(you may sign up during registration)
|You save $450||$1,050|
Groups of 3 or more (from same company, attending same event)
Please call our office
Payment is accepted by credit card or ACH (invoice available at registration; payment is due prior to providing access credential).
*Only one discount per person per event; must be applied at time of registration
Each registered participant will receive a summary of the seminar content for each module in a watermarked PDF document at the time of each module along with all exercises, small group breakout instructions and case studies to support the overall learning experience of each course.