Legal & Regulatory
Global Mergers & Acquisitions - Reliability across borders
Rapid change, market volatility, management of stakeholders, credit constraints and global competitive forces make high value targets riskier to pursue, especially across borders. Well-planned strategies and their effective implementation are critical to getting deals done.
When it comes to complex transactions, you need advisers with deep knowledge, vast experience and global reach. As one of the world’s most active transactional firms, Baker & McKenzie brings a unique global and strategic perspective to help preserve and optimize deal benefits. Our practice spans 42 countries and includes more than 1,200 M&A lawyers with authentic knowledge of local regulations and transaction management procedures in varied deal contexts. Whether you are buying or selling, entering into a joint venture, or making a strategic investment, we approach each transaction with legal, financial and business fluency, offering sound and practical advice at every stage. Collaborating across borders and legal areas, we bring the right know-how and experience to anticipate and resolve issues in all involved jurisdictions
Law360 ranked Baker & McKenzie’s M&A practice as the largest in the world for 2012, with almost twice as many lawyers as our closest competitor. The Firm was commended for bringing our “unique global scale and strategic perspective” to complex corporate transactions worldwide.
How We Can Help
- Mitigation of deal risks – We support clients in creating value from transactions by using well-established processes to identify and analyze potential risk issues and work proactively to plan suitable mitigation strategies.
- Neutralizing cross-border hazards – We bring not only local legal knowledge but also the experience to anticipate and navigate complexities that typically arise in markets outside our clients' home country.
- Efficient and reliable deal execution – We achieve cost savings and provide a coordinated service by the rigorous use of established transaction management techniques and procedures.
- Financing and structuring innovation – Drawing on our leading global positions in tax, debt and equity capital raisings and acquisition finance, we apply our global experience to create innovative solutions pertinent to clients' local markets.
- Post-transaction support – We work with clients to create value by planning for tax efficient post-acquisition integration or post-divestiture reorganization as part of the deal process, and by helping to realign operations to meet new business needs.